* Deliveries – Notify deliveries such as milk and newspapers that you are moving and the date on which you’d like the service to stop.
* Electoral register – Don’t lose your right to vote – go online to update your details.
* TV licence – If you don’t notify TV Licensing of your new address, you could end up being unlicensed in your new home, risking prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000, so complete the form online(opens in a new window) or call 0844 800 6722.
* Friends and relatives – Sending cards by post can be expensive- go through your email address book and send a message with your new details.
* Non-essential organisations – Don’t overlook connections you may have to charities, loyalty cards, subscriptions, gym membership, and mail order and internet companies.