* If you are in rented accommodation, give notice to your landlord.
* Now the decluttering is complete, do you still need to book storage space for any of your belongings? Your removal firm can organise this for you but it may be cheaper to find a facility yourself.
* If you need any essential furniture in the new house, order it now to be delivered to your new address.
* Book time off work. Traditionally house moves happen on a Friday, to give you the weekend to get straight. Few extra days on top may be advisable especially if you’re moving from a large property.
* Recruit help. Approach friends and family to help on the day, and see if you can leave young children and pets in safe hands, out of the way, on the move day itself.